Work, study or visit Canada

What is a Temporary Resident

Do you want to work, study, visit or reside in Canada permanently?

A temporary resident is a foreign national who is legally authorized to enter Canada for temporary purposes. Visitor, student, worker or temporary resident permit holder are considered temporary resident. Only foreign nationals physically in Canada hold temporary resident status.
Though a number of these foreign national will ultimately settle permanently in the country, there are also many who make the choice to stay in Canada on a seasonal or permanent basis. If you’re one of those people, it is important to know what your options are when it comes to locating temporary resident status in Canada.

Types of Temporary Residents Visa

Work Permits

Visa and work permit given to Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) and allows Canadian employers to hire foreign nationals to fill temporary labour and skills shortages when qualified Canadian Citizens or permanent residents are not available.

Caregiver Programs

Work as a Home Child Care Provider for family with children or Home Support Worker for elderly or for person with  special needs.  This program will give you eligibility to apply for permanent residence after 24 months of work experience. 

Study Permit

This allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada.
Pathway to permanent residence may be eligible for international  students after completing a program from designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. 

Visitor,Parents and Grandparents Supervisa

Explore The Great White North and experience the beauty of Canada for short period of time. 
Parents and Grandparents of Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents can apply for Supervisa which allows them to stay in Canada for 2 years in each entry.

International Experience Canada/Working Holiday Visa

If your country or territory of citizenship have an agreement with Canada that allows you to apply for an IEC work permit, fund your vacation with temporary work in Canada at the same time, you gain Canadian professional work experience to better compete in a global economy.

Need immigration & visa consultation? Send a request for free consultation.


Make your dream come true to settle permanently in Canada